Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 1998:
[aclug-L] FW: Usability Evaluation at LSI Logic - Volunteers Needed

To: "'aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx'" <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] FW: Usability Evaluation at LSI Logic - Volunteers Needed
From: "Brubakken, Clint" <clint.brubakken@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:11:55 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From:   Hubbard, Scott
Sent:   Tuesday, December 22, 1998 1:23 PM
To:     Brubakken, Clint

Dear Air Capital Linux User Group Members:

I got your name from Clint Brubakken who works here at LSI Logic.

We plan to conduct some usability evaluations on some of our latest
prototype storage management software and RAID hardware.

We are looking for individuals who have an understanding of RAID concepts
but have not necessarily used or configured RAID systems before. The
individual
also must have a good working knowledge of PCs, web browsers, and graphic
user interfaces.

The evaluations will be conducted sometime in the month of January.
The evaluations will consist of presenting the volunteer with a list of
scenarios. The volunteer completes the scenarios using the supplied software
and
hardware. The usability sessions will be observed and videotaped. The
session would
last in the range of 2 to 3 hrs. We are very flexible to accommodate
individuals'
schedules.

You will be required to sign a non-disclosure statement prior to
participating. The evaluations will be conducted at our LSI facility here in
Wichita at
37th and North Rock Road.

If you are interested in participating and meet the requirements, please
respond back to Scott Hubbard at scott.hubbard@xxxxxxxx
<mailto:scott.hubbard@xxxxxxxx>  no later than
Monday, January 11th, 1999. I will send you a background/experience
questionnaire to complete upon receiving your interest in participating.

This evaluation will give you an opportunity to see and use the latest RAID
technology (hardware and software).

Thanks,
Scott Hubbard
Usability Consultant