Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Looking for a Gravis UltraSound (found)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Looking for a Gravis UltraSound (found)
From: "Brian J. Chapman" <bchapman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 22:09:48 -0600

At 09:27 PM 11/28/98 -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> FYI, the SoundBlaster AWE32 or AWE64 series should provide you with what

> the
> GUS did before, and Linux supports the wavetable synthesis features of
> these
> cards.
>
> -- John

oh i know, infact i have a AWE 64 Gold, but i'm wanting to specifically
put a GUS in my second computer. ;-) ...update: ah but never phear! For I
have found a stash of brand new GUS MAX 1MB cards from a place in Germany.
$135 shipped! too cool.

i seem to be getting into a nostalgia kick lately, infact i've tracked
down a brand new Amiga 3000, only $500! w/ good options. I wonder if you
can dual boot Linux with the Amiga 3.1 OS? And further more, does Linux
run okay with the 060/PPC Amiga accelerators? hmmm....

Anyone know what the FPU (floating point) is like on the Motorola 68k and
PPC chips?

 Brian James Chapman | bchapman@xxxxxxxxx | www.feist.com/~bchapman