Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] drive mounting

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] drive mounting
From: jeffrey.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 15:09:53 -0600

It was a .hlp file.  I had thought those were basically ascii with
formatting, but it wouldn't print.  Anyway, last night I simply cp'd a text
file over to the floppy and it is readable.  As for the display, it was in
bash at the command line, not in x.  I had understood that reset fixed the
display if one tried to read a binary file.  It looked like Klingonese
after reading the help file.  :)

Thanks for the response, Bob.

Jeff

bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx on 11/18/98 08:06:59 AM