Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] file manager

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] file manager
From: Jesse Kaufman <kaufmjes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:58:13 -0600

John Goerzen wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 10, 1998 at 11:57:59PM -0600, Jesse Kaufman wrote:
>
> > i'm looking for a nice gui file manager...  anyone got one that works
>
> I prefer bash in an xterm myself :-)
>
> But you may want to try the Linux Explorer.  It is basically a clone of the
> Windows Explorer.  Also, you can still use kfm in gnome if you want.

yeah, an xterm isn't bad, but for doing a lot of renaming files and  organizing
my gig of mp3z on my hard drive, something graphical works a lot better...
tried Linux Explorer (now titled X-plorer), but it seemed pretty
feature-less...  had all the buttons, but half did nothing... plus, it crashed a
lot on me...  any other ideas?  right now, i'm using dfm, which is kinda
kewl...  some parts are ugly, but some are not... it allows icons on the
desktop, and works decently...  i'll post a screenshot on my webpage in a bit,
for others to see! : ^ )

i assume i have to install KDE to run kfm... ?

--
! Tabor College              !          ICQ UIN1: 4022791 !