Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] glint problem

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] glint problem
From: "Brian J. Chapman" <bchapman@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 1998 12:28:45 -0600

At 10:47 PM 11/5/98 -0600, Greg House wrote:
> Ok, I've got this RedHat 5.1 system (yes, I know there's a 5.2 now...)
and
> I'm trying to use glint to check out some packages in the contrib
section
> of
> the CDs.  I mount the CD, start glint, use "configure" to set the path
> where the rpms are on the CD, and click on the "Available" button.
>
> It starts scanning the available rpms and runs for a little while, the
> progress bar steadily moving, then when it's around 3/4 done, it just
> stops.
> I can hear the cdrom drive spin down, and the progress bar stops moving
> and
> it never presents me any packages to install.
>
> What's up with this?

Yep, i had the same problem a while back. It's a bug in glint, it's been
fixed now and is availible in the 5.1 updates section of their ftp site.
In fact, you might also down any other updates that apply to your system
there too (there's been alot of fixes). I had to before i could run a
number of things.

cya,

 Brian James Chapman | bchapman@xxxxxxxxx | www.feist.com/~bchapman
               AntiMatter Containment Services, Inc.
            "Neutralizing Atomic Matter Since 2010."
       Stray tachyons affecting your quantum calculations?
                         Give us a CALL!
            We specialize in unwanted quark removal.
   ThanksGiving Special:  Free radiation badge with estimate!