Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] 101 things you can do in Linux, but not in Windoze

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] 101 things you can do in Linux, but not in Windoze
From: Nate Bargmann <ka0rny@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 20:28:13 -0600

#40 (or whatever)
No more re-installing the OS (distribution) to fix some obscure problem
as in Win*.

(I get such a kick when I hear people say that XXX stopped working so I
re-installed Windows and now it works!  This Slackware '96 system is
just two years old and has been heavily modified from the original and
there are still many files unchanged from the original install.  Gee,
who do I think I'm sending this to?  Everybody here knows this already
:) )

#41  Netscape isn't sabotaged by Linux.

#42  GUI's are optional!

#43  You can rely on documented APIs.