Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
[aclug-L] Samba question

To: <aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Samba question
From: "tkwo" <tkwo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 12:46:16 -0500

Hi,
   I tried to setup linux as a samba server. I configured the the smb.conf
(samba configuration file), and setuped win95 with the TCP/IP and NetBeui
protocol and File and Print Service. Also, I setuped the workgroup as
Winers and created a new user on linux box. When I started up the win95 and
logged on. Then, I clicked on the Network Neighorhood, I saw the Winers
domain, and I saw the name my machine and the linux box. However, when I
clicked on the linux box. I got an error message "The request service is
not accepted...". I hope someone can help me to figure out where I missed
the configuration. Thanks in advance.

Kong
e-mail : tkwo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx