Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] parse error question (fwd)

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] parse error question (fwd)
From: Bob Deep <bobd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 17:17:44 -0500

Bob Deep wrote:

<snip>
> See:
>
> http://www.xemacs.org

<snip>

> Get it and try it... Word it ain't, but it is not supposed to be a word
> processor in the first place.

Just in case we have some diehard VI proponents on the mailing list, I
do need to add that pound for pound, VI is also quite capable even if it
is devoid a lot of the glitz and glamor of the X interface.  VI also has
the advantage of being small, portable and easy on system resources.  It
is simple to configure and run (well, there really is no need to
configure it....) on almost any unix hardware you can find.  In fact, if
you have trouble with you Xemacs configuration, and can not get Xemacs
to even edit its own config files, you had better know some other editor
(like VI).

I will not presume that Xemacs is better than VI or the other way
around.  They are different tools for different jobs.  Who would drive
finishing nails with a standard screw driver anyway?  You might manage
to get the wood screw inserted with a hammer though I doubt it is the
suggested method. so...

Let it be known, I will not be sucked into this topic of debate because
I use both editors as the need at hand requires.

-= bob =-