Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] IRQ's

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] IRQ's
From: Jeremy Johnstone <jsjohnst@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 10:18:04 -0500 (CDT)

Look in your /proc dir. It has a file called "interrupts". View it and
AFAIK it should contain a complete listing of used IRQ's.  That will help
with the network card issue (hopefully). For the printer port put it on
IRQ 7. You can (and should) put multiple parallel ports on the same IRQ
because the parallel port doesn't "capture" the irq like a serial port
does and thus can share irq's. The only way you could run into a problem
with this approach (which isn't definite) is if something tries to use
both devices at the EXACT same microsecond then one device will have to
wait a second microsecond (cpu cycle that is) before it can use it.