Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: September 1998:
Re: [aclug-L] Screen shot!!

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aclug-L] Screen shot!!
From: Cheez-Czar <cabrubak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 1998 00:37:23 -0500 (CDT)

you probably got 2-3 cd's with your order,
main - which was all the free programs, source - the code for all the
programs, and maybe contrib programs that link, or require to non-free
programs.

In addition there are two other sections,

non-free (atleast not to debian open source standards)
 some pf these might be shareware, or have
licenses that restrict them or even not include or allow you to modify
and distribute the source (one of the key elements of the GPL ), like the
qt widget lib that kde requires (thus the reason for the gnome vs KDE
debate)

and non-us , which due to patent ort export restrictions can't be
distrubted from the US.

I had a friend burn me a cd of both, and I'd be willing to share it with
anyone.

So thats it in a nutshell, an actual debian developer might have more to
see or at least say it more coherently but thats the gist of it.

Cheez

| The Cheez-Czar  http://www.cs.twsu.edu/~cabrubak     |