Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: August 1998:
[aclug-L] Can't get RHL 5.1 installed

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Can't get RHL 5.1 installed
From: Wayne White <wwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:35:24 -0500

I am trying to install Red Hat 5.1. During the Packages Installation
I keep getting an "error 2" message. The exact text of teh message is:
        error 2
        reading header:success
        install exited abnormally
        sending termination signals...done
        sending kill signals...done
        unmounting filesystem.../tmp/rhimage/proc/mnt/
        you may reboot your computer

The error message isn't neat, as above, but is very disjointed across
and down the screen.

Up until the Package Installation process the install seems to be proceeding
normally. Then, "error2." I'm getting frustrated. I expected that getting
things ironed out after the install would be some work, but thought I would
at least get it all installed.

I can't find any mention of errors in the installation guide, so yes, I
checked
the instructions. What am I doig wrong?

Wayne