Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 1998:
[aclug-L] Problem with video

To: aclug-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Problem with video
From: Michael Day <michaeld@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 21:53:04 -0500

I am having a problem getting linux to recognize the video memory on my
puter.  The problem is I have a Matsonic TX ProII motherboard.  The
board features an on board 64 bit video adapter. this adapter uses
system memory resources which you can set for 1 to 4 mb.  I am running
64mb of sdram (DIMM) in bank 0.  It has no problem seeing system memory
just video memory.  It also has an on board sound card (a Sound Pro)
Whe I try to go into XWindows it goes in ok with a SVGA server but my
resolution is at extremely large proportions, (something like 320x216)
or whatever the equivalent.  Any ideas???  Just in case you need to know
I have a Cyrix 686L-200 mhz processor, 24 spd cdrom, running slackware
in a native Linux partition (dual booted with Windows 95)