Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: announce: October 2003:
[announce] October Aclug Meeting: Monday Oct 13: The Future of Aclug Rev

To: <announce@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [announce] October Aclug Meeting: Monday Oct 13: The Future of Aclug Revisited
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 21:31:09 -0500

Greetings, Aclug Members!

It's been nearly two years since we last discussed the future of Aclug.  In that
time, I'm not sure things have really improved that much. In fact, I think the
overall apathy of the group has increased. I realize that many of the
presentations haven't been of particularly high quality, but with so few people
willing and capable of presenting, that is to be expected.

With that said, we now need to look to the future and decide what it is that we,
as a group, want out of Aclug.  Are you willing to invest your time in helping
present monthly topics? Are you willing to help out at Aclug events?  If enough
of you answer 'no', then we may just end up being a social group.  If that is
the consensus, then so be it.  Otherwise, we need to figure out how to
re-organize and get things back on track.

This meeting will be an open discussion about all things Aclug, including Web
and Email resources.  If have an idea, or a problem, please plan on attending
and voice your opinion.  Furthermore, if you would like to discuss this prior to
the meeting, please do it on the 'local' board (local@xxxxxxxxx).

Thanks for your time, and I hope you can attend.

--Dale

Location: Room 260 Jabara Hall, Wichita State University
Time: 7:30pm ~ 9:00pm  Monday Oct. 13

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Director - info@xxxxxxxxx