Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: announce: December 1998:
Upcoming ACLUG meetings

To: aclug-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Upcoming ACLUG meetings
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 08:48:31 -0600

Hello,

I'm writing to fill everyone in on the plans for ACLUG over the next month.

Our next meeting will be on Monday, December 14.  Topics that have been
suggested include procmail (a powerful e-mail processor that can be used to
filter out spam among other things) and databases on Linux (including the
free PostgreSQL).  If you have other suggestions, please send them to
aclug@xxxxxxxxxxxx.

There will *NOT* be an ACLUG meeting on December 28.  The University does
not keep buildings open much, if at all, over the Christmas holidays.  Also,
a lot of people will be out of town, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to
meet on that date anyway.

As for Janurary 1999, stay tuned.  It may be necessary for us to use a
different room if others are scheduled at our current location in 1999.
Announcements about the January schedule will be posted to aclug-announce,
www.aclug.org, and other relevant places (ict.announce).

I would like to have a new Free Linux Install sometime early next year --
February probably.  This depends on a lot of other factors, but you can be
assured that it won't be terribly long until we'll have one.

John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |