Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: activities: February 2002:
[activities] Re: [announce] Aclug Re-organization

To: activities@xxxxxxxxx, mcrane2@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [activities] Re: [announce] Aclug Re-organization
From: Anne McCadden <amccadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 11:04:26 -0600

Thank you for your interest in the ACLUG group.  We are currently trying
to find a facility to do and help with linux installs.  Unfortunately
Corel has dropped their linux release and plans to concentrate on their
other products.  Caldera is a distro that I personally had problems with
as a linux newbie.  I also tried Mandrake and then found that I could
find more documentation about Red Hat.  As soon as I can find a facility
and arrange a time when the other ACLUG members can be there to help
with installs is a very high priority for the Activities committee.  I
will arrange to have the info posted on the web page as soon as the
date, time, location can be arranged.

If you could provide "linux help" with more info as to what release
number of the Caldera (ie 5.2 or other numbers that are included with
the name) would help as well as what errors that you encountered.  Other
members who are more advanced than I am could help you via email with
specific problems until the Install Fest can be arranged.

I know that this isn't much help to you right now, but your interest
lets the committe know where to focus our attention and energies to.
Thanks you for your input.  ~Anne