Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: October 2002:
[webdev] Re: meeting

To: <webdev@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <committee@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [webdev] Re: meeting
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:28:32 -0600

I've successfully upgraded the Beta site to .721, which is the current release
version.  The next version (.722) is due RSN, and should provide a much more API
complient platform to work with.  I would encourage us to upgrade as soon as
it's tested, as it will also offer an improved security model.

Here's what I recieved on the 17th from the lead developer:

[Quote]

Well estimated time frame is about a 2 weeks away, the most, while not
definite estimate, due to the massive amount of work being done.

You most understand we are in fact rewriting all modules, yes all 44 of
them ;), and securing them as well as applying bug fixes, this is a huge
task not to be taken lightly IMHO.

But the results will be indeed worth the wait, plus this time we will
have a stronger quality assurance process with the pnCorps leading the
attempts to break the code and test with brute force ;)

This work is also needed in order to move PN to a native support of
4.2.x or 4.3x new security requirements.

In order to make this indeed a solid foundation.

Cheers
Sam

[/Quote]

There is supposed to be an announcement Monday about what transpired at the PHP
conference last Thurs/Fri, and about the future of PostNuke technologies.

While this won't change what we'll do in the immediate future, it should give us
a better idea of where things are headed, and may reduce the amount of work
needed to make our site functional.

--dwh