Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: October 2002:
[webdev] meetings

To: webdev@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [webdev] meetings
From: Tom Hull <thull2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:47:58 -0500

We had a meeting last night. A quick rundown of the issues
and decisions:

  * We will be proceeding with PostNuke, but will not wait
    any further for future releases. Dale Hodge has been
    tasked with deciding whether to start with PostNuke
    .714 (which the prototype is based on) or .721 (the
    latest official release). He should report back on
    that in a week.

  * We are looking for a more powerful webserver than the
    current aclug.notwerk.net machine (a Pentium 166, with
    128MB RAM and two SCSI disks). Jonathan Hall is in
    charge of figuring this out. He has already posted
    mail asking for volunteer equipment.

  * The connection will be hosted on John Alexander's
    network.

  * Dale Hodge will assume primary responsibility for
    sysadmin on the webserver. He has a strong preference
    for the Debian distribution, so that's what will be
    used.

  * We will have a follow-up meeting on Monday, October
    28, at 7:30 PM. The meeting will convene at Torre's
    Pizzeria, then may or may not move to John Alexander's
    office.

We had some less definitive discussions on development
issues (CVS, bug tracking) and content development. These
will be further discussed on this mail list in the near
future, and at the follow-up meeting.

--
/*
  *  Tom Hull * thull2 at cox.net * http://www.tomhull.com/