Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: webdev: June 2002:
[webdev] Re: VNC connection instructions

To: webdev@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [webdev] Re: VNC connection instructions
From: James Violette <james.violette@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 20:30:54 -0500

Thanks Dale for the port forwarding hint...that was the missing link for me.

Is there a section on the aclug web site for webdev?

We could create one, along with an appropriate group and put this
information there.
The kind of email discussion we just had on vnc is exactly the kind of
conversation OpenACS had in mind.

The way it could work is this:
- Post a sample procedure to the webdev section.
- Allow webdev members comment on it, by posting corrections,
alternatives, etc.
- Incorporate the changes in the sample procedure.
- When it is ready, open the page to other groups or the public.

During the initial, unpolished development, our pages will be hidden
from view.

Once approved for the public use, I think this kind of ad-hoc how-to
guides would quickly appear in google (or other search engines), and
drive traffic to the aclug site.  In addition, external users would post
their own comments/suggestions, further driving traffic to the site.

James