Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2009:
Expunge option

To: <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Expunge option
From: Matthew Witt <phoenix_seven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:28:44 +0000

Hi

I wonder if someone could give some more information about the expunge option.

I'd like to use offlineimap as a backup tool and was testing it and was all
ready to
set it backing up my emails for all my email addresses when it unexpectedly
deleted
a load of my emails on the imap server.  This wasn't too much of a problem as
they
weren't important emails.  I understand that offimap is a syncing tool and so
if emails
on offlineimaps end of things get deleted offlineimap will delete them also on
the server.

If I set expunge = yes am I right in thinking that offlineimap will never
delete anything
off the server?  What I want to do is leave the actual deleting of emails to my
email
client (in this case Thunderbird).

Windows Live Messenger: Happy 10-Year Anniversary?get free winks and emoticons.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/157562755/direct/01/