Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2009:
Re: (no subject)

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: Christoph Höger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 22:09:33 +0200

Am Freitag, den 24.07.2009, 10:40 -0500 schrieb John Goerzen:
> Christoph Höger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > this is more a RFC to my last mail. I wanted to be able to add UI plugins=
>
> Hi Christoph,
>
> In principle, this is a great idea.  However, it would ideally happen
> only along these lines:
>
> 1) Existing UIs wouldn't be removed
That already happens. They are only moved to the plugins folder - which
I forgot to git add. Silly me. I really should learn to do things a
little slower. In theory they should be still usable as they were
before.

> 2) Existing -u command lines or configuration parameters wouldn't be broken

Yeah. I had that idea too after writing that patch. The point is that
every ui currently has a <PACKAGE>.<CLASS> name. Here we could do two
things:

1. add a migration heuristic for every *.* name to the new names

2. force the plugins to use the old naming sheme, remove getUIClass()
method and split the name at the dot.

I think 1 is a little bit ugly but on the other hand shorter ui names
are IMO much better. I'll leave that decision to you and come up with a
new (end hopefully complete and well encoded) patch.

Forget about the last patch for then ;)

regards

Christoph

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil