Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2009:
Sync subscription from remote IMAP server to local IMAP server?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Scott Lambert <lambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 18:54:30 -0500

I am working on doing an IMAP server migration, from UW-IMAP to
Cyrus-IMAP for a few thousand users.  I initially started with imapsync
but ran into a problem with an account with an "*" in the password.
I've since figured out how to get around that, but in the meantime I
built code to create an OfflineIMAP config file for each user.  I have
been using OfflineIMAP for several years to get my mail into local
Maildir for Mutt.

I think OfflineIMAP would serve me better in the migration by letting me
point a few users at the new server for testing and keeping the new and
old mail servers sync'd up during the test period.  However, my google
foo seems to be lacking as I cannot find any website or e-mail which
tells me if there is an option to use in IMAP to IMAP syncing which will
also synchronize the subscriptions.  I suppose I should read the code,
but I'm not well versed in Python and I do have another option I could
use.  So I'm being lazy and asking the list.  Sorry.

Does such an option exist and where can I read about it?

I would like to either apply the foldertrans rules to the remote IMAP
server's subscription list, or subscribe to every folder on the local
IMAP server.  I just don't want users to ask where their folders went.
My tech support staff would lynch me. :-)

lambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx