Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: June 2009:
Where in its code does offlineimap generate the Maildir msgid?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Where in its code does offlineimap generate the Maildir msgid?
From: Dominic LoBue <dom.lobue@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 00:54:21 -0700

Hello,

Where does offlineimap generate the Maildir msgid for each message it
downloads? I'm trying to get the Noninteractive.Basic UI to print the
msgid for each new message it downloads after a sync. I know the
Machine.MachineUI prints the IMAP UID, but that isn't what I need and
its a bit too verbose.

I'm writing an email client that I plan on wrapping around
offlineimap. My plan is to monitor the output from offlineimap in my
program and at the end of each sync when it prints out the msgids of
the emails it downloaded my program then knows what email is new
without having to scan the entire Maildir directory structure and can
get straight to indexing the new mail.

If someone can point me to where I can grab the msgid after its
generated I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Dominic