Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2009:
does offlineimap do a one way sync or a full download?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: does offlineimap do a one way sync or a full download?
From: "Shankar Gopalakrishnan" <shankargopal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:09:59 +0530

Dear all,

I've been a fan of offlineimap for almost two years, but am facing a bit
of a dilemma.  My system synchronises between two external IMAP servers
and a local Dovecot IMAP server that holds the mails.  Due to filesystem
corruption, my .offlineimap directory was damaged and I've had to delete
it.  The mailstore and Dovecot were on a different partition so there
was no damage to them.  The two stores are essentially identical except
for a difference of some 100 odd emails that have arrived in the interim
(the store as a whole contains around 7000).  My question is this: if I
run offlineimap now between the mailstores, will it sync them and only
download the new messages, or will it download the entire external store
and duplicate the messages?

Many thanks,

Shankar Gopalakrishnan