Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: April 2009:
depecration warnings

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: depecration warnings
From: Christoph Höger <choeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 19:34:02 +0200

Hi,
I've just upgraded to fedora 11 beta, thus I am using python 2.6 now.
Running offlineimap brings up two deprecation warnings:

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/folder/Maildir.py:23:
DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead
  import os.path, os, re, time, socket, md5
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/offlineimap/imaplibutil.py:172:
DeprecationWarning: socket.ssl() is deprecated.  Use ssl.wrap_socket()
instead.
  self.sslobj = socket.ssl(self.sock._sock, self.keyfile, self.certfile)

Are there problems that should prevent me from patching those away (e.g.
already fixed upstream)?
Anything to consider?

regards

christoph

-- File: signature.asc
-- Desc: Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil