Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2008:
fetchmail/procmail + offlineimap

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: fetchmail/procmail + offlineimap
From: Corey Van Allen <coreyva@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:08:04 -0600

I'm trying to figure out the best way of using mutt with multiple IMAP
accounts and being able to filter the emails. I currently have
offlineimap working fine with three accounts. Before I possibly
destroy my remote account emails, I figure I'd pose what I'm thinking. Will
offlineimap sync correctly with remote IMAP servers if I use fetchmail
to retrieve my emails, process them through procmail to maildirs and use
those maildirs to sync with? I'm just not sure how offlineimap will
handle a separate application writing to the maildir. Would that cause
an issue or is there a better way of doing this? I've been searching for
a clean way of doing this for awhile and have come up empty.

What is keeping me from using fetchmail/procamil, is that I have a
blackberry for work that reads my work IMAP account, and at times I have
to use thunderbird to access my mail as well. So I need to have my
accounts in sync, which brings me to offlineimap.

--
Corey