Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: February 2008:
Re: need 'header_cache' in mutt?

To: SK <sk.list@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: need 'header_cache' in mutt?
From: Florian Friesdorf <flow@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:16:00 +0100

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 02:59:49PM +0100, SK wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Once I have mutt using the mails fetched using offlineimap, is there
> any need to use the header_cache variable in muttrc?
Yes - it dramatically speeds up the time needed for opening a mailbox. Without
header_cache, mutt needs to open every mail and read the headers in order to
display the message list for folders. I am using a header_cache directory, as it
gives me better performance than a global header_cache file, I don't know about
official recommendations, though.

--
florian