Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2008:
Re: Shared Folder support

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Tulsidhar Dronamraju <tulasidhard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Shared Folder support
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 07:56:00 -0600

On Thu January 3 2008 3:10:29 am Tulsidhar Dronamraju wrote:
> Hi,
> I use Offlineimap for syncing my mails on my desktop(s) to the imap
> server. Offlineimap + mutt works wonderful
>
> However offlineimap doesn't fetch "shared folders" from imap.
> I tried setting "ignore-readonly = yes" in the .offlineimaprc file.
> However that doesn't seem to help me.
>
> Also I tried googling "Shared folders"  offlineimap. But I didn't find any
> relevant documentation.
>
> Can you please let me know if Shared folders is supported by offlineimap.
> If yes, what am i missing.
> If no, Any plans of implementing this or any known workarounds ?

Shared folders are not a feature of IMAP specifically.  They may be a feature
of your mail server.  To the extent that your mail server exposes them via
IMAP, OfflineIMAP should support them.  You may need to consult your mail
server documentation for information on how to access such folders via IMAP.

If you look at RFC2060, you will see no mention of shared folders.  You may
need to look at the "reference" option of offlineimap.conf, but this is only
a guess.  Different servers may do this differently.