Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2007:
Re: 'EOF occurred in violation of protocol' error

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 'EOF occurred in violation of protocol' error
From: CB <cb.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:56:07 +1000

On 11/28/07, Tom Purl <tom@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I also use Gmail with offlineimap, and am seeing the same problems.  If
> I re-reun offlineimap, it usually works.

OK, I hadn't found that -- my runs of offlineimap kept stalling at the
same spot.

In the light of what you said, I've just tried opening the offending
IMAP folder directly in mutt (which I don't normally do, as this is
intended as a read-only backup), and navigating around a bit, marking
a few unread items as 'read', etc. Then re-running offlineimap, it's
getting further.

I guess that the problem is likely to be a dodgy IMAP implementation
on google's part?