Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2007:
QuickSync Question

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: QuickSync Question
From: "Hugh T. Ranalli" <hugh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 09:58:13 -0400

I am running dovecot IMAP on two machines, my laptop and a server, and usin=
g=20
offlineimap 5.99.4 to synchronise 4 accounts via IMAP-IMAP. E-mail is=20
delivered to the server inbox and then synced to the laptop inbox. I have s=
et=20
up different times for synchronising each account, as some are more importa=
nt=20
than others.

With my main accounts, I want to do a full sync every hour and a quick sync=
=20
(primarily to sync the Inboxes) every two minutes. So in my account=20
configuration I have the following:

     # Perform a full re-sync every 60 minutes.
     autorefresh =3D 60

     # Perform quick syncs (folder changes, new or deleted messages)=20
     # every 2 minutes =3D=3D 30 times between full syncs
     quick =3D 30

The full sync works fine, but nothing is synced to the laptop inbox in-betw=
een=20
full syncs.=20

=46rom the annotated configuration file, it seems that new messages should =
be=20
part of a quick sync:

"quick synchronization only synchronizes if a Maildir folder has changed, o=
r=20
if an IMAP folder has received new messages or had messages deleted."=20

Am I misunderstanding or misusing this functionality?

One note: I have the laptop imap store set as the "remote" store because th=
is=20
is what I am generally working against, and where I am creating folders. So=
 I=20
set this to be the remote store to force new folders to be synchronised to=
=20
the server. I don't know if this also has an impact on quick sync or not.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hugh Ranalli