Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2007:
Re: OfflineIMAP 5.99.3 released

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP 5.99.3 released
From: Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:49:58 +0200

* John Goerzen:
> Now available from http://software.complete.org/offlineimap:
>
> offlineimap 5.99.3
>
>   * Fix a potential Maildir race.  Thanks to Martin F. Krafft for the
>     patch.  Closes: #439384.
>   * SGML syntax fix.
>   * Patches from Daniel Jacobowitz:
>     + New -q (quick) option to only update folders that seem to have
>       significant changes
>     + Fix to UID validity problems some had reported with Courier
>     + Maildir checking speedups
>     + Display fixes for Curses.Blinkenlights
>   * Fixed locked( )for noninteractive UIs.  Thanks to Mark A. Hershberger
>     for the patch.
>   * Configurable thread status character for ui.Curses.Blinkenlights.
>     Thanks to aaron@xxxxxxxxxx for the patch.
>   * Documented remotehosteval.  Thanks to Ben Kibbey.

This new release does not work for me.  The program blocks on the
first message to copy to the remote host with a very high hard
disk activity.

I have a trace handy, the following pattern is repeated many times
at the end:

select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {0, 50000}) = 0 (Timeout)
futex(0x82ff890, FUTEX_WAIT, 0, NULL)   = 0
futex(0x82ff890, FUTEX_WAKE, 1)         = 0

It works well with 5.99.2

Any idea?
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot