Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: August 2007:
why not use the mbox module

To: offlineimap list <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: why not use the mbox module
From: martin f krafft <madduck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 09:28:47 +0100

Dear list(, dear John),
I just spent a flight between Zurich and Stansted looking over the
offlineimap code, and I noticed offlineimap comes with its own
Maildir implementation, despite of mailbox.Maildir and
mailbox.MaildirMessage. What's the main reason for that? That you
are actually storing UID and hash in the file name? If we could do
that with mailbox.MaildirMessage, would you consider a patch porting
offlineimap to mailbox.Maildir?

The reason I am asking is twofold: one, there are a couple of small
bugs in your implementation: #439384, and the link() and rename()
calls, which happily overwrite existing messages. And two: if we
started to hack on mailtags, it would make sense to do so in
mailbox.Maildir; then, offlineimap could immediately profit and
possibly support mailtags.

kermit: why are there so many songs about rainbows?
fozzy: that's part of what rainbows do.

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx

-- File: digital_signature_gpg.asc
-- Desc: Digital signature (see http://martin-krafft.net/gpg/)