Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2007:
OfflineIMAP 5.99.0 Posted

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OfflineIMAP 5.99.0 Posted
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 16:04:03 -0500

Hi,

I am doing some work on OfflineIMAP again.  I have posted what I'm
calling a beta of v6.0.  This is 5.99.0 and is available on
http://software.complete.org/offlineimap now.

I hope to make it into 6.0.0 soonish.  After 6.0 is out, if time
permits, I hope to work on some more major new features such as
auto-restarting syncs on timeouts.

Changes are:

  * Re-scan remote folder names at the start of each sync run.
    Closes: #329000, #396772.
  * Drop internal imaplib.py in favor of default Python one.
  * New user interface: Machine.MachineUI.  Machine-parsable.
  * Drop all the Tk interfaces.
    Closes: #265088.
  * Now supports specifying timeouts for socket operations.
  * Updated copyright files.
  * Improved interaction with Dovecot maildirs.  Patch thanks to Asheesh
    Laroia.
  * Improved filesystem syncing semantics, which should reduce duplication
    in the event of hardware failure.
  * UID validity diagnostics improvement.  Patch from David Favro.
  * No longer leave preauthtunnel zombies with autorefresh.
    Patch from Peter Colberg.  Closes: #410730.
  * --help now shows available UIs.  Patch from Daniel Rall.
  * Check all resolved addresses.  Patch from Mark Brown.  Closes: #413030.
  * Removed todo directory from tree, moved to BTS.
  * New PID file to enable third-party "kill offlineimap" tools.