Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2006:
Re: nametrans IMAP INBOX to maildir base directory?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: nametrans IMAP INBOX to maildir base directory?
From: micah <micah@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:12:01 +0000 (UTC)

John Goerzen <jgoerzen <at> complete.org> writes:

> On Sat, Aug 19, 2006 at 07:51:42PM -0500, Aaron Schrab wrote:
> > I've tried having the nametrans function return an empty string or a
> > lone dot, but both of those caused an exception.  Is there a way to do
> > this?
> >
> > For now I'm working around it by using symlinks in place of the above
> > mentioned cur,new,tmp directories, but it would be nice if it could be
> > done more cleanly.
>
> This sounds similar to the Courier example:
>
> # Using Courier remotely and want to duplicate its mailbox naming
> # locally?  Try this:
> #
> # nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.*', '.', foldername)
>
> Perhaps there is some other difficulty with your config?

This doesn't do what he is asking. This turns folders like "INBOX.Sent" into
".Sent" and "INBOX.Transh" into ".Trash", but it doesn't turn the base "INBOX"
into anything. So what you are left with in your directory is:

$ ls -a
.Sent
.Trash
INBOX

The translation of the INBOX.Sent into .Sent is the first step, thats right, but
the INBOX is what Aaron is asking about. He (and I too, thats why I'm replying),
want the INBOX folder to be removed and instead its contents to be in the root,
so it looks like this

$ ls -a
.Sent
.Trash