Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2006:
Re: 4.0.12 crash with SELECT failure

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 4.0.12 crash with SELECT failure
From: Andreas Hasenack <ahasenack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 18:05:32 -0300

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 03:56:42PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:58:03PM -0300, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> >     raise ValueError, "Error from select: %s" % str(result)
> > ValueError: Error from select: ('NO', ["SELECT could not open
> > 'MailBox/somefolder/', error: 1081"])
> >
> > Server is FirstClass, which is known to not be a very well behaved IMAP
> > server.
>
> I was going to say: the server shouldn't list it if it can't be
> SELECTed...

It could also be some corruption on the server for this specific folder.

> > But this crash is different: the folder in question can't be selected, but
> > it
> > shows up in the LIST output and offlineimap can't handle this error it
> > seems.
>
> I'd say you should use folderfilter to manually exclude this folder.

That's a workaround, because one doesn't know beforehand which folders can't
be selected for whatever reasons (acl, corrupted folder, etc).

The best behaviour would be to just skip this folder (with a warning) if it
can't be selected.