Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2006:
Strange :info and old messages in mutt

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Strange :info and old messages in mutt
From: Andrew Biggadike <biggadike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 01:48:10 -0800

I am seeing strange :info portions of maildir message filenames that
correspond directly to messages marked as old in mutt that shouldn't
be.  I believe mutt can be ruled out as the culprit since I can quit
mutt and have a cur directory with no filenames of this type, then
after an offlineimap sync have several messages' filenames return
again to this form.

This "strange" form I'm referring to looks like

  uniq:)S()S()Se()S\e2,()S\en

instead of

  uniq:2,S

as specified in folder/Maildir.py, as expected).  The only thing I
know about this filename format is from [1], so this looks quite
strange to me.

I'm guessing there's something unexpected going on in the regular
expressions of MaildirFolder's savemessageflags().  I'll probably try
and figure out what's going on over the next few days as I have time,
but thought I'd post here in case someone more familiar with the code
can provide any insight or get to it sooner.

I am using the 4.0.11 debian package of offlineimap.  Let me know if
there is any other information I can provide.

Thanks,
Andrew

[1] http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html