Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2005:
Mac, Problematic Message, Exchange

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Mac, Problematic Message, Exchange
From: Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:56:15 -0400

        delsp=yes;
        format=flowed
Greetings,

First and foremost I would like to thank you, John, for such an
immensely useful tool. I've been using offlineimap on a gentoo box at
my house for quite some time, and to it I attribute much peace of
mind. :)

That said, I've just started using offlineimap on my Mac (Tiger v.
10.4.2, Python v. 2.3.5) to synchronize my personal and work accounts
and have run into a few problems, outlined below.

* Problem 1, Tk.Blinkenlights /sort of/ works on the Mac, but the
additional dialog that opens up never seems to display properly and
moving the mouse over the Tk dialog (i.e. to move the window, display
the log, etc.) produces only a spinning beachball [screenshot
attached]. I've thus reverted to Curses for manual sync and
Noninteractive for cron.

* Problem 2, Trying to synchronize my work account, which lives on an
Exchange server [blech] fails repeatedly at a specific email,
producing a whole spew of errors, ending with a "MemoryError". I've
attached an abbreviated log using TTY.TTYUI with IMAP debug turned
on. I snipped out much of the beginning of the log, but if you'd like
to see the whole thing, I'll be happy to fwd it along. [file:
oi_errors_mcg]

* Problem 3, While producing the screenshot for problem 1 above,
offlineimap again bombed with a "MemoryError" and produced several
python malloc errors, file also attached below (though no debug log,
as I wasn't expecting a problem other than with the Tk dialog).
[file: oi_errors_mac]

Thanks in advance for any assistance or direction you can provide!
--
taylor banks, cissp
security ninja :: kaos.theory

http://theory.kaos.to

-- Type: image/png
-- File: Tk_Blinkenlights.png

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- File: oi_errors_mac

-- Type: application/octet-stream
-- File: oi_errors_mcg

-- File: PGP.sig
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part