Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2005:
Freezing on "savemessage: first attempt to get new UID"

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Freezing on "savemessage: first attempt to get new UID"
From: Gonzalo Servat <gservat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 00:09:11 +1000

Hi Guys.

Out of all the IMAP syncing tools I tried, offlineimap is looking the
best!!! :-) Just one problem left. When I run it, it goes reaaaally
fast syncing a LOT of messages, but, the total space used up by the
messages offlineimap is supposed to sync is around the 1GB mark, and
locally after about 5-6MB worth it stops with:

(for example - the message number varies. If I run it again, it will
freeze on a different one)

[.. snipped lots of info about message 560 - all looks good]
Copy message 560 from INBOX:
    DEBUG[imap]: savemessage: first attempt to get new UID
Copy message 560 from INBOX:
    DEBUG[imap]: savemessage: returning 177

the message itself looks like it got copied fine, as I can
shift-ctrl-pgup and see that it's normal for the message to end like
that and the rest of the info on screen for message 560 looks normal.
It just doesn't seem to move onto the next message, that's the
problem.

My .offlineimaprc file is as follows:

[general]
metadata =3D ~/.offlineimap
ui =3D TTY.TTYUI
accounts =3D localsync

[Account localsync]
localrepository =3D meLocal
remoterepository =3D meRemote
autorefresh =3D 3

[Repository meLocal]
type =3D IMAP
remotehost =3D 127.0.0.1
preauthtunnel =3D /usr/sbin/imapd ./Maildir
#nametrans =3D lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.', '', foldername)

[Repository meRemote]
type =3D IMAP
remotehost =3D mail.domain.com
remoteuser =3D foo
remotepass =3D bar
#nametrans =3D lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX\.', '', foldername)
folderfilter =3D lambda foldername: foldername not in ['Trash', 'SPAM']

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks

Gonzalo