Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: June 2005:
lost email

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: lost email
From: Tomas Jura <t.jura@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 23:53:18 +0200

I run a second time my mail synchronization between my laptop and the
desktop. All folders got synchronized, exept INBOX where strange thig
appears. One mail from remote IMAPdir was not synced and on the local
mailbox one completely empty mail appears.

I didn't notice the empty one at first, but noticed that one is
missing. So I run the offline imap again ,but there was still missing
one and the count of emails in both folders was same. I compared the
list of headers and found that there is one totaly empty mail. I delete
it and run offlineimap again. And that was a mistake. Instead of
expected synchronization the missing email was deleted and I lost it
forever.

Later I found that my notebook is out of sync with time. Something
around 35 seconds.

Has anybody some idea what might happened? How to avoid such situation
in the future?

Thank for any explanation.

Tomas

Software info
 bincimap         1.2.12final-2
 offlineimap      4.0.10
 python           2.3.5-2
 mutt             1.5.9-1

Config on notebook

[general]
accounts = KYBLSync

[Account KYBLSync]
localrepository = Local
remoterepository = KYBL

[Repository Local]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/Maildir

[Repository KYBL]
remotehost = kybl
type = IMAP
ssl=yes
remoteuser = tomas
remotepass = changed
nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX/?', '.', foldername)