Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2005:
Re: Error when connecting to slashmail.org

To: David Heath <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Error when connecting to slashmail.org
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:14:20 -0600

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 11:06:18PM +0000, David Heath wrote:
> I am trying to use offline imap to connect to slashmail.org, and am
> experiencing the following error. Anything I am doing wrong?

> ValueError: Error from select: ('NO', ["SELECT failed: Can't
> open .mailboxlist
> (file /data/slashmail/home/9/4/2/0/aaa100249/.mailboxlist): not in valid
> mailbox format"])

Looks like they're probably running UW-IMAP and that the mail server is
returning a mailbox that isn't valid.  In any case, you can see that the
mail server is returning an error.  You might try using the folderfilter
option to restrict the set of folders processed to only those you know
you care about.