Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: January 2005:
IMAP to IMAP sync and message timestamps

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IMAP to IMAP sync and message timestamps
From: Isaiah <zoratu@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:34:14 -0800

Hi,

    I noticed when I perform an IMAP to IMAP sync, message content doesn't
change anywhere.  Oddly, my MUAs notice a difference in some of the
messages all of the time.  They display an updated arrival date, in-line
with when the message was synchronized.

    This seemed a little odd to me, because I didn't notice it with IMAP to
Maildir and Maildir to IMAP.

    It seems to happen with small (<1000 messages) mailboxes and large
(>32000 messages) mailboxes.

    Subsequently re-sync'ing doesn't seem to help.

    Any recommendations on how I can track this down or help by providing
information would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
--
    - Isaiah