Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: December 2004:
On-demand re-poll?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: On-demand re-poll?
From: Sweth Chandramouli <offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:16:16 -0500

Is there any way (or would it be hard to add the functionality) to get
offlineimap to skip the rest of the wait period and poll any hosts on
demand (say, after a particular key is pressed)?  I often have people
sending me emails for work while they are on the phone with me, and then
they expect me to check my email immediately to see if the email
arrived; since I have my default poll interval set fairly high, I end up
having to quit out of offlineimap, start it up again, and then re-enter
my password.  It isn't extremely onerous, of course, but it seems like
it should be fairly straightforward to be able to hit, say "r" and have
offlineimap re-poll the hosts.

-- Sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli