Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2004:
mkdir toppath?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: mkdir toppath?
From: Tom Brown <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 20:43:57 -0500

When I first setup offlineimap I ran
apt-get install offlineimap
read the quickstart guide and then ran
offlineimap
which exited with a rather unpleasant looking backtrace. After digging
through the bt I realized I need to mkdir the localfolders

I have been changing my IMAP server setup and have often run
rm -fr .offlineimap Test
mkdir Test
offlineimap

Perhaps you could add the following starting at about line 108 of
offlineimap/repository/Maildir.py in the function  _getfolders_scandir

        # Create the top level directory if it doesn't exist
        if not os.path.exists(toppath):
            os.mkdir(toppath)
            self.debug("  mkdir %s" % toppath)

I have not looked at any other offlineimap source and have never
touched python before. Perhaps there is a better place to put this
feature. Comments welcome.

Thanks for making offlineimap,
Tom

--
28 70 20 71 2C 65 29 61 9C B1 36 3D D4 69 CE 62 4A 22 8B 0E DC 3E
mailto:mail@xxxxxxxxxx