Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2004:
Re: 2.) Offlineimap crashes IMAP<->IMAP

To: Andreas Balg <balg@xxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2.) Offlineimap crashes IMAP<->IMAP
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:22:00 -0500

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 11:43:09AM +0200, Andreas Balg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now that I found the reason for the previous crash - I can sync a Maildir
> Style Mailbox with my IMAP-Server apparently flawlessly.
>
> Now I tried to sync the same IMAP-mailbox on my online Server with my Mailbox
> on our LAN-IMAP-Server but this gives me another offlineimap-crash I can't
> find a reason for:
>
> Hope you guys have a clue once again - Thanks in advance -
>
> Andy
>
> Here's the output:
>
> Thread 'New msg sync from .bash_history' terminated with exception:

Sounds like your "remote" server is telling OfflineIMAP that it has a
folder named .bash_history.  OfflineIMAP tries to read that folder, and
the mail server than says -- aha! this isn't really mail! -- and refuses
to let OfflineIMAP proceed.

You may be able to play with OfflineIMAP's "reference" option, pointing
it to your mail tree.  Failing that, you could use a folderfilter option
to exclude this folder and others like it.