Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: February 2004:
Re: invalid UID

To: Dan Bachelder <dan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: invalid UID
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:36:51 -0600

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 11:20:38AM -0500, Dan Bachelder wrote:
> John, thanks! that worked.
>
> I never thought to look in the man page for FAQ type stuff... my bad... I
> did, however, look on the gopher site for one... maybe a FAQ.txt reading
> "check the man page" would be helpful :)

Yeah, I try to make my manpages comprehensive.  The entire manual is in
there.  I'm of the belief that manpages are useful for just about
anything less than 40 pages.  (Which rules out bash(1) <grin>)

> I don't think my server is UW-IMAP... i don't admin the server, so I'm not
> even sure how I'd tell...

Try:

telnet imaphost imap

And paste the text it sends you here.  That will usually identify the
server type.  To disconnect, type:

1 LOGOUT