Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: May 2003:
OfflineIMAP 3.99.17 released

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OfflineIMAP 3.99.17 released
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 09:29:46 -0500

offlineimap (3.99.17) unstable; urgency=low

  * Fixed two potential obscure race conditions in folder/Maildir.py.
    + Condition 1 involved the gettimeseq() function.  This function
      accesses per-module variables but does not have a lock.  It may have
      been possible for this to have been called in such a way that timeseq
      was not properly updated.
    + Condition 2 involved the call to gettimeseq().  Since the timeseq is
      based on the system clock, we now use the time as reported inside
      timeseq() rather than outside.  This way, we can be assured that the
      same value is in use both places.
  * Added debug code to savemessage in folder/Maildir.py to try to track
    down a mysterious 0-length file bug.