Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: March 2003:
Re: offlineimap and ipv6

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: offlineimap and ipv6
From: Adriaan Peeters <apeeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Mar 2003 23:48:00 +0100

On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 22:46, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 10:37:12PM +0100, Adriaan Peeters wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-03-25 at 21:22, John Goerzen wrote:
> >
> > I have installed python 2.2.2 and the documentation (
> > http://www.python.org/doc/lib/module-socket.html ) states that ipv6
> > should be supported.  But I get an error when trying to connect to an
> > ipv6 only host.
>
> If that is the case, then the bug you are seeing is not in OfflineIMAP, but
> in Python.  It is possible that your Python was not compiled with IPv6
> support.

I checked my configuration and it supports ipv6. This example program
works: http://www.python.org/doc/lib/socket-example.html (the ipv6
version, last two examples).
I also changed the host and port from the ipv6 client program and it
connects perfectly to the ipv6 imap server.

I suppose some changes have to be made to offlineimap, but as I said, I
don't really know python, so I'll see what I can do ;)

Adriaan

--
Adriaan Peeters <apeeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>