Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: February 2003:
Re: Hanging connections

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Hanging connections
From: Samuel Tardieu <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:17:05 +0100

>>>>> "John" == John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

John> On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 01:14:48PM -0800, Jared Rhine wrote:
>> I've mentioned in the past that I occasionally get hanging
>> offlineimap processes.  My offlineimap (v3.99.3) (running under
>> daemontools) is running with the following parameters:

John> First things first -- can you upgrade to 3.99.5?  I believe that
John> this will at least fix your CRAM-MD5 problem.

John> It seems that your TCP stack is not recognizing when the
John> connection goes down.  It should detect this condition after a
John> few minutes (at most), and send back an error code to
John> OfflineIMAP.

I just experienced the same thing: after about 30 minutes, offlineimap
hangs. The last lines (debug info was on) were:

DEBUG[imap]: imapsplit() returning: ['FLAGS', '(\\Answered \\Seen)',
'UID', '2']
DEBUG[imap]: options2hash called with input: ['FLAGS', '(\\Answered
\\Seen)', 'UID', '2']
DEBUG[imap]: options2hash returning: {'FLAGS': '(\\Answered \\Seen)',
'UID': '2'}
Next sync in 1:00
2: [active]      *Control: .
1: [  0:27]           Sam: .

(last three lines are from Curses.Blinkenlights, problem occurred also
with Tk interface)

Note that the counter was at 0:27 second: I think there was no
activity at this time. I was running with two threads.

I am running FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE and the server is courier-imapd on
Debian (Sparc64), with holdconnection=yes.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@xxxxxxxxxxx -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam