Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2002:
Re: Network retry

To: Jared Rhine <jared@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Network retry
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:27:31 -0500

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 12:19:32PM -0800, Jared Rhine wrote:
> Is wrapping offlineimap with a restarter/logger the preferred way to
> get this functionality?

My preferred way is running offlineimap in the background using a cron job,
every couple of minutes. If it couldn't connect, it'll try again later. Here
is my crontab entry:

    */3 * * * * /usr/bin/offlineimap -o -u Noninteractive.Quiet
    27 1 * * * /usr/bin/offlineimap -o -u Noninteractive.Quiet -a
Zope.com-Archives

The first line updates my main account every 3 minutes, the other line
updates my archives once a day. The latter set of mailboxes are humongous,
and I don't use them often enough to care about a finer update resolution.

--
Martijn Pieters