Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2002:
Re: OfflineIMAP doesn't seem to be using SSL...

To: Cristiano Reis Monteiro <cristmon@xxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: OfflineIMAP doesn't seem to be using SSL...
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:58:57 -0600

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 11:52:11AM -0200, Cristiano Reis Monteiro wrote:

> But, I have a question: I'm a security paranoid, and I'll only use it if
> it really works over SSL, I've tried offlineIMAP with the key:
>
> "ssl =3D yes"

If you put ssl = yes in the section for an account (as opposed to the
"general" section), then yes, it will indeed use SSL.

It is correct, however, that the SSL support at this time does not implement
certificate support, either locally or for the server.  That is on the to-do
list and hopefully will be ready for 4.0.