Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: November 2002:
automating offlineimap

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: automating offlineimap
From: Ivan Fernandez Pelaez <ivan.fernandez.pelaez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 16:14:07 -0600

Hi, I've been using offlineimap for a few weeks now and I've found that
I like it enough to ditch fetchmail & co. It does just what I wanted to
do, and once message filtering is implemented, I'll be completely happy.

What I wondering about are the methods people are using to automate the
process. I guess my situation is pretty similar to all offlineimap
users, with an intermittent (dial-up) net connection. I though about
setting up a script in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/ (my system is Debian, testing),
but I don't like the idea of running it as root. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

--
Ivan Fernández
ivan.fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx